Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Tournament Time

OK, for those who know me know how chaotic (coaching 2 basketball teams, my men's bible study (Go BOB) and trying to raise money for the Moldova mission trip) my life has become. Thru God's grace, a very understanding wife (can't say that enough) and a supportive group of friends and church; I just had to get thru Saturday, January 31st then things could slow down some. Problem is; my 2 basketball teams were going to be in a basketball tournament and the Missions garage sale were going on at the same time. We were to play at 8:30 and 9:30; if both teams won then we would play the following Saturday (and I could go back to the garage sale to work); if we lost, we would continue to play and no garage sale for me. My older team was undefeated and if they played like they had been then they should win and they did. 

My younger team is a different story, it normally takes then the 1st half to get warmed up and playing. Well, Jonah showed up ready to play and so did the rest of my team. Jonah played the first and third quarter and actually was able to tie up the baskeball (which was fun to watch). The rest of my team were on fire; we normally score 16-18 points a game, this time they scored 40 and win. 

I am so excited, both teams win and I get to go back and try and raise money at the garage sale. The boys were excited and now get to play this upcoming Saturday at 8:30 and 9:30. My hopes and prayers are that Jonah continues to want to play. As stressful as it is for me, he tends to bless everyone on the court and in the stands..

Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment