Wednesday, February 11, 2009

What kind of parent am I?

OK, last night Jonah decided to throw a fit when told it was be time. One minute he's standing there fussing at me, next minute he's on the floor crying. Finally, to bed he goes; he ends sleeping thru the massive storm we had. 3:30 a.m. rolls around and he's up, standing there beside my bed. He says that his toe hurts, half asleep I take him to the bath room then back to his bed. 

I sent Jonah to school with the belief that he has probably sprained his foot. When I went to get him at daycare, there Jonah sat without a sock or shoe on and his foot up in a chair. His daycare teacher was worried, Jonah wouldn't get up and play; nor would he put any pressure on his foot. I called Rae and told her what was going on. Once Rae got to the church she sat down and looked at Jonah's foot and finally decided that she would take the him to Urgent Care to have the foot looked at. 2 hours later, the foot has been X-Rayed and the foot is BROKE. Man do I feel bad. Mollie and I left church and headed to Urgent Care. When I arrived at Urgent Care they were starting to put a splint on the foot. Jonah now has to see an Orthopedic Doctor tomorrow to see about a walking boot (he can't use crutches and may have to use a wheel chair).. My poor lil fella can't put weight on his foot so we are having to carry him around the house (the boy weighs a TON).. Right now he's asleep (thanks to good meds)..

I now sit here wondering what I missed, how did he get hurt and why was I not listening when he was trying to tell me he hurt. Jonah has a hard time getting his point across and I guess that I'm gonna have to try harder when he's trying to tell me something (even at 3:30 in the morning).. Guess I won't be winning "Father of the Year" this year. More to come as we find out from the doctors how bad of a break that it really is!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I would say you're a normal parent, especially in the middle of the night!

    ReplyDelete